Leading international organisations increasingly recognise the complicated place of science and technology in the development of contemporary societies. What is less-frequently acknowledged is the amount of social and political agency that exists to direct the shared pathways of science, technology and society. The Edinburgh Hub for Responsible Innovation provides a space to develop:
- Analyses that critically examine and build knowledge about the place of science and technology in democratic societies.
- Methodologies to illuminate the taken-for-granted cultural, social, political and ethical dimensions of new knowledge and technology.
- Collaborations between scientists, policy makers, artists, social scientists and publics that explore the dominant directions of science, technology and innovation, and collectively suggest alternatives.
The Hub exists through a network of researchers at The University of Edinburgh. If you are interested in collaborating please do get in touch.
- Jane Calvert, Science, Technology & Innovation Studies
- Robert Smith, Science, Technology & Innovation Studies
- Niki Vermeulen, Science, Technology & Innovation Studies
- Ros Attenborough, Science, Technology & Innovation Studies
- Robin Williams, Science, Technology & Innovation Studies
- Thoko Kamwendo, Durham University